top of page

OUR HISTORY

MÉGEVET SHIPYARD

1909 - 1913

Jules Mégevet

GENEVA LAKE NAVAL CONSTRUCTION YARD

1913 - 1919

Louis-Robert Coutant

GENEVA LAKE SHIPYARD

1919 - 1922

Baron Louis Sers

THE FAIRING

1922 - 1932

Henri Bénédicte de Saussure

PETIT LAC SHIPYARD

1933 - 1945

George Gangloff

CORSIER-PORT SHIPYARD

1946 - 1957

George Gangloff

1957 - 1970

Louis Plojoux

CORSIER-PORT SHIPYARD

1971 - 2001

Luc Plojoux

Eugene Patry

CORSIER-PORT SHIPYARD

2001 - 2018

Thierry Plojoux

Serge Patry

CORSIER-PORT SHIPYARD

2019 - 2021

Thierry Plojoux

Serge Patry

CORSIER-PORT SHIPYARD

2021 -2022

Thierry Plojoux

Serge Patry

CORSIER-PORT SHIPYARD

2023 - to today

Thierry Plojoux

Serge Patry

Jules Mégevet began construction of the main building (still existing today) in 1908. He rubbed shoulders with the world of automobiles, aeronautics and boating. His audacity leads him to participate toSea Championshipsin Monaco with teammate Charles Picker in order toexperiment their motorboatsBut-I-Will-Sting and their engines. LThe quality and performance of their boats bring them several victories.

Jules Mégevet sells his shipyard to  Louis-Robert Coutant, owner of the Chantier Naval de Coppet.

The latter unites the two projects with significant commercial success. But the First World War suddenly stopped the nautical activity of the two shipyards.

Baron Louis Sers takes over the activity of the shipyard and begins the construction of several international series sailboats as well as a new 12m Swiss series.

It improves the comfort of Jules Mégevet's motorboats by offering, among other things, an engine sheltered at the front of the boat. Mais-Je-vais-Pique XIII won the Prix d’Elégance in Monaco in 1921.

The 1920s brought down the promising success of the shipyard. Under the management of Henri de Saussure, the shipyard's activity was limited to the maintenance and storage of boats.

The famous coachbuilder and also passionate about navigation, Georges Gangloff, took over the shipyard on March 16, 1933 and relaunched his activity supported by his son-in-law Louis Plojoux. In 1934 he built a dike and a port. Then in 1935 he installed a slipway for launching boats.

The workshops resume the construction of sports motorboats, international regatta sailboats and yachts.

Louis Plojoux took over the helm of the shipyard alone but was joined shortly after by his brother André Plojoux who developed Barrel Back Runabouts, an unmissable post-war success. The shipyard acquired an international reputation thanks to the manufacture of competition sailboats with, among others, the collaboration of the naval architect Henri Copponex. Bronze medal at the 1960 Olympic Games in Naples with a 5.5 JI built in Corsier-Port.

Luc Plojoux, son of Louis, takes up the torch with the help of his friend Eugène Patry. The appearance of fiber boat hulls has reduced orders for wooden boats. In order to save its activity, the shipyard is moving towards a Marina service. But his know-how in the maintenance and repair of classic wooden boats continues in the authentic "Atelier Bois" of Jules Mégevet.

Concerned about preserving a family history, Thierry Plojoux, Luc's eldest son, took over the reins of the shipyard and entrusted management to Serge Patry, son of Eugène. They are developing a Marina service of excellence. But the dilapidated infrastructure is making itself felt. In 2012 they therefore took steps to modernize the port.

In 2018, reactivation of the Corsier-Port Yacht Club and creation of the MJVP1909 Foundation.

While continuing its activity, the shipyard is starting major work at the end of 2019.

In spring 2020 a new dike comes out of the water, to increase the mooring capacity. In the fall of the same year a dry hall was built, equipped with the latest technologies, in order to optimize its Marina and wintering service. The Corsier-Port Shipyard is starting a new era.

The historic Corsier-Port building, which is the origin of the Mégevet Shipyard in 1909, has been completely restored.

Upgraded to current standards and thermal requirements, this emblematic building now houses the Atelier Mégevet where wood and fiber is worked and the Atelier Gangloff used for mechanical work. The MJVP1909 Foundation has taken up residence in the rest of the building with an archive room, a library, a gallery, offices and the Picker Workshop.

In the wake of the renovation of the site, a final construction project will see the light of day in 2023. In order to improve the storage and wintering of large boats and sailboats, an additional boat cover will be built at the end of August, thanks to the removal of a mound. From now on, around twenty boats will find their place under this new space sheltered from bad weather.

Brochure CN Megevet bat ex.png

.

Brochure CN Mégevet atelier bois.png

.

Inst_chant..197#025F.jpg

.

100 ans couleurs.png

.                                                                          

                                                                            

                                                                             

                                                                           

                                                                           

                                                                            

inst_chant..478#F320.jpg

.

B.moteur303.jpg

.

7.jpg

.

DSC09718-Panorama_corsieroct2017.jpg

.

Corsier-Port vu du ciel 3 200.jpg

.

Visuel Carte de voeux CNCP copie.jpg

.

DSC_6495 150.jpg

.

bottom of page